lunes, 4 de marzo de 2013

Surrealism


Surrealism is a cultural movement that began in the early 1920s, and is best known for its visual artworks and writings.
Surrealist works feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtapositions, etc.; however, many Surrealist artists and writers regard their work as an expression of the philosophical movement first and foremost, with the works being an artefact.
Surrealism developed out of the Dada activities during World War I and the most important center of the movement was Paris.


Here are some surrealist works that I really like. I love how the first two paintings mix different objects to create just one, and I really like the 3-D effect that the second one has and the colors that are used.
For the third one, I can't say the same, I hate it. I find it very creepy and disturbing. I can't stand the way they paint a woman all satanic. I really don't like Dali's work.

Joan Miro – Carnival at Harlequin
Yves Tanguy – Multiplication of the Arcs
Salvador Dali – Soft Construction with Boiled Beans

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario